6 Tips to Get the Most Out of Vine for Your Brand
Vine, a six second long video sharing service by Twitter, was released a few weeks ago in January 2013. Since then, thousands of videos have been created to enhance a brand’s social media strategy. To learn more about Vine, watch this video:
However, just because it is the latest social media feature available doesn’t mean everyone should be using it. Here are six tips and guidelines for using the new tool:
- Think before you Vine. – Before you begin filming, define the video’s purpose. You only have six seconds to get your point across – figure out what users should understand.
- Simplicity is key. – Since the video is only six seconds long, keep it simple. This application is not ideal for communicating complex ideas.
- Social Media is public. – The videos you create on Vine are visible to everyone. Keeping this in mind, make sure that the content is relatable to all viewers.
- Give a sneak peek! – Are you releasing something new? If so, use Vine to give a sneak peek. Vine will provide visual content to increase the anticipation of its arrival.
- Have fun with it. – Vine allows your company to introduce itself to viewers in a personable way. Give a tour of the office, show your employees at work, or maybe even show your employees having fun.
- Measure your reach. – There is a free service to provide you with analytic reporting. Simple Measured report shows how viewers are interacting with your videos – who is driving the most engagement and where they are located.
Before you consider using Vine, check out other company’s profiles and decide whether or not it is really worth it for your company. Still not sure it’s for you? Let Marketing Works help. Contact us to set up a free consultation and we’ll help shed some light on what makes sense for your brand.
Do you have useful tips? Share your Vine ideas in the comments.
Add blog to our directory.
KristenM. • February 20, 2013
Posted in these categories:Marketing Tips
With these tags:6 minute video, b2b marketing, Brands on Social Media, btob marketing, business to business marketing, business-to-business, marketing tips, Marketing Works, social media, social media analytics, social media strategy, social media tips, twitter, Vine, vine analytics