5 Goals for Spring Marketing Internship
Hello! My name is Emily Kishler and I’m the new intern at Marketing Works. I graduated from Miami University in December of 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication. I’m excited to have the opportunity to work with a welcoming and successful community of marketing experts. In addition to learning how to brew the best cup of coffee and perfecting my “over-the-phone” voice, I hope to learn a significant amount about marketing, advertising, and public relations.
Here are some specific goals I hope to reach during my three months as an intern:
- Learn the ins and outs of a MW-360 Process campaign. MW-360 is a term coined by Marketing Works to describe a complete marketing campaign accomplished for a client. This term is all-encompassing of the services that Marketing Works provides to clients, and I look forward to learning more about every step it takes to make a company look its best for their potential clients.
- Further develop skills for working in a professional atmosphere. Writing papers in college and wearing sweatpants to class have a four year limit. I’m excited for the opportunity to work with professionals in an environment where big decisions are made that affect people. Learning from the expertise of the team around me and contributing in a constructive manner are two things I’m very excited to begin.
- Create impactful, exciting social media content for the agency and extend its reach. In this day and age, social media is everything. A large part of the internship involves creating content for Marketing Works’ Facebook, Twitter, and blog pages, and I hope that my passions for writing and social media will increase in skill. I also hope to further increase the agency’s SEO in the process.
- Be a team player. I’m always a team player, whether it’s in marching band, my sorority Chi Omega, or in the workplace. With being a team player comes a great deal of learning from those around you and doing the best you can to make everyone’s lives a little easier. I’m looking forward to both of those responsibilities as an intern at Marketing Works.
- Involvement in client projects. I would love to be able to jump on a few client projects with the staff at Marketing Works to see how they approach each task of their marketing plan, and learn more about the interaction between agency and client.
What are some tips you have for new marketing interns? Let us know in the comment section below!
Emily Kishler • March 31, 2014
Posted in these categories:Marketing Tips, Marketing Works News
With these tags:B2B marketing intern, B2B marketing internship, internship goals, internship tips, marketing intern, marketing internship, marketing tips, Marketing Works, Marketing Works intern, Marketing works internship, Marketing Works News, PR intern, PR internship, spring internship