5 Twitter Practices to Adopt
Twitter is one of the fastest growing social media platforms in the world. Currently there are 500 million tweets sent out per day from 255 million active users. 78 percent of these users have the Twitter app on their mobile. Is your business using Twitter to its full advantage? Here are 5 ways to improve your content and increase your reach on Twitter:
1. Capitalize the beginning of every word in your hashtag. Not only does this practice make your hashtag easier to read, it also insures that your audience won’t misinterpret your message. For example, Twitter users began using the hashtag “#nowthatchersdead” as a way to recognize Margaret Thatcher’s death. Many people misread it and sparked a rumor that Cher had died too (she hadn’t).
2. Create a quick list. Twitter is all about getting good insight without spending a lot of time. If you tease your followers with an article summary such as “5 Quick Marketing Tips” they know they can click on that link to receive helpful information in a brief format.
3. Use HootSuite.com to schedule your tweets. Does your business send out multiple tweets a day? Instead of trying to remember to post them throughout the day, create a HootSuite profile. This social media management tool enables you to schedule your Twitter posts and collects analytics for your profile.
4. Follow others to get more followers. If you notice others, they’re more likely to notice you. Following businesses and individuals who work in your industry as well as current and potential clients can result in them following you back. This creates a valuable connection for your business while giving you access to useful content.
5. Tag referenced brands. If you are creating a post about an article that mentions certain brands or individuals, tag their Twitter handle in the post. That way they will see it and have the opportunity to retweet it to their followers, significantly increasing your post’s reach.
What other Twitter tips have you found to be successful? Let us know in the comment section below!
Emily Kishler • June 2, 2014
Posted in these categories:Marketing Tips, Social Media Marketing Tips
With these tags:marketing tips, Social Media Marketing Tips, social media tips, Tips, twitter, Twitter tips