Now Hiring: Public Relations Manager
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER (PRM)
The PR Manager (PRM) is honest, approachable and outgoing. This jack-of-all-trades enjoys a collaborative and flexible work environment; the ideal candidate is comfortable in a smaller company. He or she is open, creative, and willing to learn. This person carries a positive attitude while being balanced and intuitive. He or she doesn’t gossip or pull others down. This person has a sense of humor, a fun personality and is personable.
He or she consistently provides the highest quality of work and possesses a strong work ethic. This person is a highly motivated self-starter who is committed to the success of the group. Not only is he or she willing to do what it takes to get the job done, he or she inspires others through their work. The PRM is a driven go-getter.
It’s essential that this person multi-task while knowing how to prioritize. The PRM sees the big picture, is deadline-sensitive and takes ownership of the project. He or she is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside of the box. This person isn’t afraid to leave his or her comfort zone or admit failure.
This strategic thinker is detail-oriented and organized while keeping a bigger perspective than just the task at hand. Being a good communicator, both orally and written, means that this person presents well.
The PRM’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the planning and execution of a wide range of public relations initiatives on behalf of the agency and select clients. These can include, but are not limited to: media relations, association relations, event planning, employee relations, reputation management (online and offline) and speaking engagements, and social media relations
- Creates written communications, such as: press releases, by-line articles, speeches, program reports, blogs, corporate messaging, web content, etc. as necessary for implementation of all public relations plans for clients
- Understands the interests of a wide range of B2B audiences and has the ability to tailor messages and communication vehicles to effectively reach those audiences
- Oversees the implementation of effective media relations campaigns by developing appropriate pitches or angles for media relations and forging relationships with editors, reporters and bloggers to maximize coverage opportunities
- Contributes strategic public relations thinking to existing and potential client programs. Provides sound public relations counsel to agency clients
- Demonstrates effectiveness of public relations activities through the delivery of client presentations and reports
- Proactively seeks opportunities for favorable media coverage, brand awareness, integrated communications, etc. that will ultimately benefit agency clients
- Serves as day-to-day client contact for public relations accounts
- Leads implementation of public relations plans for agency clients
- Identifies new business opportunities from existing clients and assists with business development activities
- Responsible for preparing client contact reports and communicating regularly with clients
- Reviews client invoices and supports office manager in their preparation
- Provides MW with overview of clients’ current activities, plans and future developments
- Manages PR Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications
- 3-5+ years experience in B2B journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media networks and experience with media tools such as Cision and Vocus
WHY WORK FOR MARKETING WORKS
- It’s a relaxed work environment
- Employees come first
- Variety of work opportunities and industries
- Opportunity for growth
- Direct access to leadership (and mentoring)
- Stable and growing business
- Close-knit team and a small company environment
Interested applicants can send their resume to email@example.com.
Mworks740 • July 22, 2014
Posted in these categories:Job Listing
With these tags:agency job, Marketing Job, PR job, pr manager job, public relations firm job, public relations job, public relations manager