Marketing Works is passionate about being a conduit of success for everyone we touch. We live by our four core values: We get it. We do what it takes. We do the right thing. We care. It’s imperative our Account Coordinator shares these values and embraces them both professionally and personally.
The Account Coordinator is honest, approachable and outgoing. This jack-of-all-trades enjoys a collaborative and flexible work environment; and is comfortable in a smaller company. He or she is open, creative, and willing to learn. This person carries a positive attitude while being balanced and intuitive. This person has a sense of humor, a fun personality and is personable.
He or she consistently provides the highest quality of work and possesses a strong work ethic. This person is a highly motivated self-starter who is committed to the success of the group. Not only is he or she willing to do what it takes to get the job done, he or she inspires others through their work.
It’s essential that this person multi-task while knowing how to prioritize. He or she is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside of the box. This person isn’t afraid to leave his or her comfort zone or admit failure.
WHY WORK FOR MARKETING WORKS [WHY]?
The team says:
- It’s a relaxed environment
- Employees come first
- Variety of work opportunities and industries
- Opportunity for growth
- Direct access to leadership (and mentoring!)
- Stable and growing business
- Close-knit team and a small company environment
The Account Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 80% of the Account Coordinator’s time will be dedicated to billable client work.
- Gathers and assembles background research information and analyses as needed in development of briefs, client plans, etc.
- Provides administration and assistance to account personnel on day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including responding to client phone calls, production and creative deadlines, media placements, etc. to ensure continued progress of client workflow
- Is aware of client activities to provide back-up should the Account Manager be unavailable
- Assists with taking notes at meetings, agendas, develops client conference reports, proposals, correspondence and other materials relating to account service. Assists with client presentation, meetings, etc.
- Handles paperwork and maintains files on all of the client’s activities, their competitors and the industry; maintains client correspondence file, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Is responsible for proofreading copy, artwork and proofs; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers
- Works with Account Manager to monitor cost estimates and associate job hours to maintain profitability
- Manages some account projects with supervision
- Proactively contributes ideas for accounts and projects
- Regularly makes recommendations to the project lead on how to improve a project
- Seek help from project manager or team lead if overall workload exceeds regular work week and work with team to determine solution
- Attend classes or trainings and present summary to staff
- Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
- Accurately tracks and records all billable and non-billable time.
- Ensures agency values are adhered to across all client projects and deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years post-internship experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Client relationship management experience
- Degree in journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications
- Experience managing budgets, timelines and vendors
- Corporate work experience
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of social media networks/platforms
- Ability to develop social media strategies
- Community or professional association involvement
- Agency experience (in-house or direct)
- B2B experience
- Content writing experience (i.e., web, print, etc.)
Please email resumes to Melissa Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org.