Marketing Works is passionate about being a conduit of success for everyone we touch. We live by our four core values: We get it. We do what it takes. We do the right thing. We care. It’s imperative our Account Manager shares these values and embraces them both professionally and personally.
The Account Manager is honest, approachable and outgoing. This jack-of-all-trades enjoys a collaborative and flexible work environment; and is comfortable in a smaller company. He or she is open, creative, and willing to learn. This person carries a positive attitude while being balanced and intuitive. This person has a sense of humor, a fun personality and is personable.
He or she consistently provides the highest quality of work and possesses a strong work ethic. This person is a highly motivated self-starter who is committed to the success of the group. Not only is he or she willing to do what it takes to get the job done, he or she inspires others through their work.
It’s essential that this person multi-task while knowing how to prioritize. He or she is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside of the box. This person isn’t afraid to leave his or her comfort zone or admit failure.
This strategic thinker is detail-oriented and organized while keeping a bigger perspective than just the task at hand. Being a good communicator, both orally and written, means that this person presents well.
The Account Manager works with the client service team to manage all marketing communications projects for assigned clients. He or she is involved through project completion and responsible for initiation proposals and project plans then guiding the project through development and creative. Must be able to anticipate problems and recognize opportunities.
It is important that this person’s personal values match the company’s core values, which are:
- We get it.
- We do what it takes.
- We do the right thing.
- We care.
WHY WORK FOR MARKETING WORKS [WHY]?
The team says:
- It’s a relaxed environment
- Employees come first
- Variety of work opportunities and industries
- Opportunity for growth
- Direct access to leadership (and mentoring!)
- Stable and growing business
- Close-knit team and a small company environment
A successful Account Manager demonstrates proficiency in completing the following activities:
- 80% of the Account Manager’s time will be dedicated to billable client work.
- Billing and projections for each account
- Client planning and reporting (quarterly and annually)
- Coordination of meetings, materials, opportunities (speaking, award, media)
- Proactively contribute ideas to projects
- Manage/review to-do’s and status reports to client
- Social media consultation and project management
- Day-to-day contact for client
- Attend classes or trainings and present summary to staff
- Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
- Mentor junior staff
- Demonstrate ability to work with team lead to prioritize workload
- Understand scope of work of the projects well enough to answer questions about the project posed by leadership or other colleagues
- Gathers necessary information to plan and implement each client project
- Works with Account Service team and creative staff to develop strategic project plans
- Works with the creative and productions staff to estimate, schedule and develop projects
- Accurately tracks and records all billable and non-billable time.
- Participate in planning meetings with clients and contribute ideas to the overall strategy and ultimate client delivery
- Provides timely issuance of all documentation: proposals, project initiations, creative briefs, estimates, timelines, meeting summaries and status and budget reports
- Ensures agency values are adhered to across all client projects and deliverables
- Draft major components of strategic communications plans that can be incorporated into client deliverable with minimal changes
- Demonstrate outstanding copy editing and writing skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 4 years relevant marketing communication experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Evidence of career progression and growth
- Agency experience (in-house or outsourced)
- The ability to manage multiple accounts/projects in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Ability to translate complex concepts/messages for a variety of audiences
- Client relationship management experience
- Degree in journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications
- Experience in one of the following: workers comp, energy, healthcare or technology
- Experience managing budgets, timelines and vendors
- Strong organizational skills
- B2B experience
- Experience writing white papers or web content Plan writing experience
- Knowledge of social media networks/platforms
- Community of professional association involvement
Please email resumes to Melissa Howard at email@example.com.