Marketing Works is passionate about being a conduit of success for everyone we touch. We live by our four core values: We get it. We do what it takes. We do the right thing. We care. It’s imperative our Account Supervisor shares these values and embraces them both professionally and personally.
The Account Supervisor is honest, approachable and outgoing. This jack-of-all-trades enjoys a collaborative and flexible work environment; the ideal candidate is comfortable in a smaller company. He or she is open, creative, and willing to learn. This person carries a positive attitude while being balanced and intuitive. He or she doesn’t gossip or pull others down. This person has a sense of humor, a fun personality and is personable.
However, the Account Supervisor knows when to work. He or she consistently provides the highest quality of work and possesses a strong work ethic. This person is a highly motivated self-starter who is committed to the success of the group. Not only is he or she willing to do what it takes to get the job done, he or she inspires others through their work. The Account Supervisor is a driven go-getter.
It’s essential that this person multi-task while knowing how to prioritize. The Account Supervisor sees the big picture, is deadline-sensitive and takes ownership of the project. He or she is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside of the box. This person isn’t afraid to leave his or her comfort zone or admit failure.
This strategic thinker is detail-oriented and organized while keeping a bigger perspective than just the task at hand. Being a good communicator, both orally and written, means that this person presents well. He or she is a good coach, teacher and leader – but knows how to follow, too.
WHY WORK FOR MARKETING WORKS [WHY]?
The team says:
- It’s a relaxed environment
- Employees come first
- Variety of work opportunities and industries
- Opportunity for growth
- Direct access to leadership (and mentoring!)
- Stable and growing business
- Close-knit team and a small company environment
The Account Supervisor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 75% of the Account Supervisor’s time will be dedicated to billable client work.
- Leading brainstorms, coming up with new ideas
- Developing strategies
- Managing projects
- Leading internal account teams and ensure projects are on time, within budget and in line with strategy
- Strategy consultation and redirection to align with goals
- Ensure team has the resources necessary to meet client needs (i.e., billing, projections, SOWs/proposals, etc.)
- Final review of key project deliverables before they’re shared with client
- Client planning and reporting (quarterly and annually)
- Leading, managing and executing integrated accounts
- Day-to-Day counsel on account, both internal and external
- Attend internal and client meetings
- Developing status reports and timelines
- Creating proposals for clients
- Managing client budgets
- Handling client communication
- Setting and enforcing deadlines
- Accurately tracks and records all billable and non-billable time.
- Ensures agency values are adhered to across all client projects and deliverables
- 4 year degree
- 5 years marketing and/or PR experience
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Experience as a team lead
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Agency work experience (in-house or outsourced)
- 2 years B2B experience
- 6-8 years marketing and/or PR experience
- Superior writing skills and versatility
- Experience in B2B writing for one of the following: workers comp, energy, healthcare or technology
- Experience managing budgets, timelines and vendors
- Digital experience, example: SEO, Google Ad Word, analytics, etc.
- Client relationship management experience
- Corporate work experience
- Community or professional association involvement
- Competency with design software, example: Adobe
- Ability to develop social media strategies
- Ability to translate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
Please email resumes to Melissa Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org.