PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Marketing Works is passionate about being a conduit of success for everyone we touch. We live by our four core values: We get it. We do what it takes. We do the right thing. We care. It’s imperative our Public Relations Coordinator shares these values and embraces them both professionally and personally.
The PR Coordinator must love and be passionate about what they do, with an assertive and innate desire to craft relevant story angles, pitch them and secure results for our clients. This high-energy, self-starter is organized and accountable. They are a team player who welcomes collaboration and is resourceful and knowledgeable in the industry.
The PR Coordinator is a jack-of-all-trades and enjoys a flexible work environment and is comfortable in a smaller company. He or she is open, creative, and willing to learn. This person carries a positive attitude while being balanced and intuitive.
This person has a good sense of humor and knows how to have fun, but also knows when to get down to business. Their ability to adapt to the fast-paced agency environment allows them to roll with the punches without getting easily frazzled.
He or she consistently provides the highest quality of work and possesses a strong work ethic. This person is a highly motivated self-starter who is committed to the success of the group. Not only is he or she willing to do what it takes to get the job done, he or she inspires others through their work.
It’s essential that this person multi-task while knowing how to prioritize. He or she is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside of the box. This person isn’t afraid to leave his or her comfort zone or admit failure. This strategic thinker is detail-oriented and organized while keeping a bigger perspective than just the task at hand. Being a good communicator, both orally and written, means that this person presents well.
WHY WORK FOR MARKETING WORKS [WHY]
The team says:
• Stable and growing business with strong company values
• Flexible, relaxed environment
• Good work/life balance
• Emphasis on professional development
• Opportunities to explore your passions
• Coaching and mentorship program
• Variety of industries and specialties
• Room to grow and room to fail
• Direct access to leadership
The PR Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• 85% of the PR Coordinator’s time will be dedicated to billable client work
• Proficient in AP Style
• Learn & understand each client industry on multiple levels (i.e., perspective, messaging, positioning, competitors, trends)
• Comfortable dealing with reporters, pitching, creating unique & relevant angles
• Understand the interests of a wide range of B2B audiences; has the ability to tailor messages & communication vehicles to effectively reach those audiences
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Supports the planning & execution of a variety of communications initiatives on behalf of the agency & select clients, including, but not limited to: media relations, association relations, event planning, employee relations, analyst relations, reputation management (online and offline), speaking engagements & social media relations
• Develop relevant and timely content, to be reviewed and edited by the PR Manager, establishing clients as experts & thought leaders (i.e., press releases, pitches, by-line articles, speeches, messaging, white papers, program reports, blogs, corporate messaging, web content, awards nominations, etc.)
• Social media consultation & management
• Attend internal & client meetings (when appropriate)
• Contribute strategic thinking to existing & potential client programs
• Accurately track & record all billable & non-billable time
• Ensure agency values are adhered to across all client projects & deliverables
• Gathers information and interviews clients in the development of media pitches, news releases, speaking opportunities and other forms of communication
• Maintains and oversees media coverage reports and other accountability reports that might be necessary to justify agency activities and present results to clients
• Manages select account projects – takes ownership for the execution of the projects and the results – with supervision and direction
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1+ years post-internship experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Degree in journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications
• Professional experience in B2B journalism, public relations or marketing communications
• Agency or internal agency experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Existing relationships with media (local, national, trades)
• Knowledge of social media networks/platforms
• Proficient writing press releases, pitches
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with media tools such as Vocus
• The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
• Ability to translate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Community or professional association involvement
Please email resumes to Melissa Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org.