Strategic Planning for a Successful Public Awareness Campaign
The energy industry, comprised of renewable, solar power, sustainable and solar and wind power, is constantly changing and developing. Public support continues to have a major impact in generating movements and staying relevant within the market. In a time of financial pressures and tough market conditions, renewable energy in particular relies on awareness to sustain.
As the ‘green’ and renewables movements fester, it is more important than ever to directly generate support through effective, transparent public awareness campaigns. One way to start making an impact is attracting businesses in the energy industry with campaigns coordinated by industry associations.
Public awareness campaigns aimed at businesses can generate the understanding and reinforcement renewable energy needs. In order for the campaigns to succeed, a strategic plan must be put into place. That’s where marketing comes in. A strategic marketing plan can help your campaign in the following ways:
- Establish goals and objectives. The goals you hope to achieve from your public awareness campaign are outlined before you begin outreach to targeted businesses. These goals lead to objectives placed on a rational timeline to keep projects on track.
- A sense of structure. A strategic marketing plan helps you get your public awareness campaign in order. The plan keeps the campaign moving and leaves room for unexpected roadblocks you might face. In addition, you have time for additional efforts as needed.
- Think out-of-the-box. Having a plan in place allows more time for smart, strategic marketing and creative, out-of-the-box thinking. The creative aspect will make your campaign efforts stand out from the rest and generate the support you need.
- Reach your B2B audience. You have opportunity to effectively define your audience and get a better understanding of who they really are by putting a plan in place. Knowing your audience and relaying the messages they want to hear will allow for an effective reach.
- Be transparent. Just as you are expecting to gain support, your supporters are expecting to gain up-to-date, trustworthy information. The plan sets you up to leverage what you found about your audience and ensure the message you relay is truthful. In turn, transparency will allow you to gain more willing and active supporters.
Are you interested in starting a public awareness campaign but don’t know where to start? We can help. Energy Marketers, powered by Marketing Works, has more than 25 years of experience working with clients in the energy industry. Contact us today for a complimentary assessment.
Stacy W. • April 22, 2013
Posted in these categories:Energy Marketers, Marketing Tips
With these tags:energy, energy industry, energy marketers, Energy Marketing, green movement, marketing plan, marketing tips, Marketing Works, public awareness, public awareness campaign, renewable energy, strategic marketing