6 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Presence
Although social media hasn’t been around for decades, there are already some patterns forming in the industry that are easy to fall into. Reevaluate your online presence based on what is working and what isn’t. Are you falling into habits that aren’t pushing you ahead? Consider taking a little risk by initiating a new campaign or trying a new engagement tactic on your social media channels. There are several ways to shake up and improve your social media presence to create more engaging content for your audience.
- Take ideas to the next level. Anyone can see a good idea online and copycat it. You want your business to stand out from your competitors on social media. So while you’re looking at industry news and brainstorming for post ideas, have the mindset of taking each idea to a level that not only aligns with your messaging, but has potential for elevated engagement and buzz.
- Choose a unique title. This will immediately set your post apart from the rest. It’s the first thing your audience will see, so you want to catch their attention and draw them in. If you pick an interesting and engaging title, they will be more likely to click on it. Driving more traffic to your post could, in turn, draw more people to your website and other outlets. Everyone has seen “5 Tips for…” and “10 Reasons to…” more than enough times, so pick a unique number for your list. Hint: It’s also an easy escape route if you thought you wanted 10 bullets but can only think of 8.
- Consistent, quality content is essential. Cultivate your brand’s online identity with content that is aligned with what your audience sees in offline communication. This is especially important for companies who are just starting to enhance their online presence. Using your brand’s unique messaging consistently throughout the various mediums will resonate with your audience and help to identify your brand.
- Go beyond your original post. Speaking of interactions, interacting with users’ posts will generate a personal feel for your business. This makes the user feel extra special. Always reply to comments on your posts in a timely manner. Consider taking it a step further and provide an opportunity for further engagement such as asking for feedback or further insight.
- Make meaningful connections. Take time to search for new networking opportunities that will enhance your online presence. A new online connection may lead to a new client or partner opportunity! You can also derive content ideas from meaningful connections and see what thought leaders in your industry are buzzing about.
- People want to know you as a friend, not a corporate voice. Consumers want you to be authentic. When creating social media content, you want to sound approachable and trustworthy. Social media is all about being personal, so avoid overly formal language. Aim to sound like a real person having a conversation with another person – because that’s what’s going on anyway!
What successful trends have you seen in social media in 2014? Let us know in the comments below!
Mworks740 • April 9, 2014
Posted in these categories:Social Media Marketing Tips
With these tags:brand, content marketing, engagement, Facebook, marketing, networking, social media, social media marketing, social media tips, Tips, twitter