Now Hiring: Communications Manager
The MW Communications Manager is honest, approachable and outgoing. This candidate enjoys a collaborative and flexible work environment; and is comfortable in a smaller company. He or she is open, creative, and willing to learn. This person carries a positive attitude while being balanced and intuitive. This person has a sense of humor, a fun personality and is personable.
He or she consistently provides the highest quality of work and possesses a strong work ethic. This person is a highly motivated self-starter who is committed to the success of the group. Not only is he or she willing to do what it takes to get the job done, he or she inspires others through their work.
It’s essential that this person multi-task while knowing how to prioritize. He or she is resourceful, knowledgeable and thinks outside of the box. This person isn’t afraid to leave his or her comfort zone or admit failure.
This strategic thinker is detail-oriented and organized while keeping a bigger perspective than just the task at hand. Being a good communicator, both orally and written, means that this person presents well.
The MW Communications Manager embraces the overall values of the organization, by acting as a resource to help the entire community. Everyone interacting with him or her in any manner, will leave having an overall positive experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the planning and execution of a wide range of communications initiatives on behalf of the agency and select clients. These can include, but are not limited to: media relations, association relations, event planning, employee relations, reputation management (online and offline) and speaking engagements, and social media relations.
- Creates written communications, such as: press releases, by-line articles, speeches, program reports, blogs, corporate messaging, web content, etc. as necessary for implementation of all public relations plans for clients.
- Understands the interests of a wide range of B2B audiences and has the ability to tailor messages and communication vehicles to effectively reach those audiences.
- Oversees the implementation of effective media relations campaigns by developing appropriate pitches or angles for media relations and forging relationships with editors, reporters and bloggers to maximize coverage opportunities.
- Contributes strategic thinking to existing and potential client programs. Provides sound communications counsel to agency clients.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for favorable media coverage, brand awareness, integrated communications, etc. that will ultimately benefit agency clients.
- Leads implementation of public relations plans for agency clients.
- Manages and inspires entry-level team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications.
- 3-5+ years experience in B2B journalism, public relations, corporate or marketing communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media networks and experience with media tools such as Cision and Vocus.
WHY WORK FOR MARKETING WORKS
- It’s a relaxed work environment
- Employees come first
- Variety of work opportunities and industries
- Opportunity for growth
- Direct access to leadership (and mentoring)
- Stable and growing business
- Close-knit team and a small company environment
Please email resumes to Melissa Howard at email@example.com
Mworks740 • September 16, 2014
Posted in these categories:Job Listing
With these tags:B2B Communication, communications manager, communications manager job, marketing communications jobs, public relations firm job, public relations job