Looking Ahead as B-to-B Marketing Trends Continue to Change
Every quarter Marketing Works explores insight that help businesses meet their goals. We make it a priority to stay on top of the marketing trends that allow us to continue to learn and share potential opportunities. Here is a look at the insights we uncovered this quarter.
Insight #1: B-to-B agencies are becoming more integrated and changing their approach to have more of a strategic agency mix.
Agencies are ready to take on the future and understand what that means from a new business perspective. For example, more and more marketers are owning the buyer’s journey, which is blurring the sales and marketing lines more than ever. As well, B-to-B companies are taking the initiative by leveraging analytics to connect marketing inputs with outcomes and creating a deeper, thoughtful user experience strategy.
- Partner with an agency that can help you craft and execute an integrated strategy (incorporating multiple touchpoints across multiple channels).
- In addition to strategy and execution, it’s important to work with your agency partner to understand what drives your clients to buy and then determine what marketing initiatives make the most sense.
- Collaborate with your agency to define what success looks like to you and then map marketing initiatives with desired outcomes.
Insight #2: It’s more important than ever to invest in the right marketing initiatives.
B-to-B marketers are investing time and money in brand, lead generation and referral and loyalty programs.
What does this mean for you?
- Take steps to increase brand recognition through the right mix of media relations, social media, search engine marketing and nurturing campaigns.
- Build thought leadership and lead generation campaigns around the customer’s wants and needs to attract quality leads.
- Take the time to build ambassador programs that focus on increasing customer retention and cultivating relationships with referral sources.
Looking to incorporate any of these insights? Our team of strategists and execution specialists would love to help. Contact us at email@example.com.
Bill Kiefaber • April 26, 2017
Posted in these categories:Business Planning, Marketing Tips, Marketing Works News
With these tags:customer journey mapping, lead generation, loyalty programs, marketing insights, referral programs